Delegation of Signature Authority
a) As outlined in Utah State University Policy 528, Contract Signature Authority and Delegation, Contracts that are repetitive in nature and highly standardized may receive “Delegated Signature Authority”. Noted below is the procedure for employees and departments to follow when requesting delegated signature authority.
2) DELEGATION OF SIGNATURE AUTHORITY WORKFLOW
a) Departments and Colleges
(1) Department Head identifies contracts that are repetitive in nature and highly standardized.
(2) Department Head attaches a copy of the contract to a Delegation of Signature Authority Review Form.
(3) Completes section 1 and 2 of the Delegation of Signature Authority Review Form. In Section 2, “Description” describe the contract, including
(a) How often it is used
(b) What it is used for
(c) When was it last reviewed.
(4) Indicate the name and title of the individual requesting signature authority.
(5) Send the Delegation of Signature Authority Review Form and a clean copy of the contract to Purchasing and Contract Services.
b) Purchasing and Contract Services
(1) Purchasing and Contract Services will:
(a) Review the request and may route through
(ii) Risk Management and others as needed
(iii) Office of the Vice President for Business and Finance
(2) If approved, the Vice President for Business and Finance will issue a memorandum outlining the delegated signature authority and any applicable terms.
(3) Purchasing and Contract Services will record the Delegation of Authority and monitor the related contracts that follow.