Section 3: Purchasing and Contract Services General Information
8300 Old Main Hil
Logan, Utah 84322-8300
(1) General Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Purchasing and Contract Services buyers maintain office hours during regular office hours. On University approved holidays, the office is closed.
(2) All University purchase orders, contracts, or purchasing card transactions need to identify the tax exemption numbers. They are:
(A) State of Utah Tax Exemption ID Number: 11895815-002-STC
(B) Federal Tax ID Number: 87-6000528
(C) Tax Exemption ID Number or Construction Projects: N21278
(1) Many companies require a tax exemption letter of verification to be on file. Whenever one is requested, the Director of Purchasing and Contract Services or his/her designee will fill out a TC-721 form with the following information:
Utah State University
2400 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-2400
Signature and title of the Director of Purchasing and Contract Services
Name of the vendor with whom we are doing business
(2) We check the box marked "An exemption for Utah State and Local Governments and Public Elementary and Secondary Schools".
(3) The University's Utah State sales tax exemption number #11895815-002-STC
(4) The completed form forwarded to the requesting company.
If the request references a particular USU Purchase Order number, file a copy of the exemption letter with the referenced P.O.
(1) Except for Section 36, Ethical Conduct and Penalties, the provisions of this chapter are not applicable to:
(A) grants awarded by the University or contracts between the state and Utah State University;
(B) the consortium uses a competitive procurement process. This chapter does not prevent Utah State University from complying with the terms and conditions of any grant, gift, or bequest that is otherwise consistent with law.
(2) Notwithstanding any conflicting provision of this chapter, when a procurement involves the expenditure of federal assistance, federal contract funds, local matching funds, or federal financial participation funds, Utah State University shall comply with mandatory applicable federal law and regulations not reflected in this chapter.
(3) This chapter does not supersede the requirements for retention or withholding of construction proceeds and release of construction proceeds.