Section 5: Delegation of Purchasing Authority
(1) In accordance with rules made by University Policy 104, the Vice President for Business and Finance may delegate authority to designees.
(2) The Director of Purchasing and Contract Services receives jurisdiction and authority from the University's Vice President for Business and Finance. In discharging responsibilities, Purchasing and Contract Services is the main agency at Utah State University having authority to obligate the University for the purchasing of goods and services.
(1) The Director of Purchasing and Contract Services or their designee may prepare, issue, revise, maintain, and monitor the use of specifications for each procurement over which the Vice President for Business and Finance has authority.
(2) The Director of Purchasing and Contract Services or their designee shall obtain expert advice and assistance from personnel of Utah State University in the development of specifications and may delegate in writing to a procurement unit the authority to prepare and utilize its own specifications.
(1) Using the University sanctioned EZ-Buy or P-Card processes, the Director of Purchasing and Contract Services hereby delegates small item purchasing authority to a staff member of any department having authorization from the Department Head, Dean of the College, or any Director of Auxiliaries to procure materials and limited services up to University Low dollar figure of $5,000 US Dollars. P-Card and EZ-Buy guidelines and rules apply.
P-Card limits are set within the department as well as the university. The University P-Card limit is $5,000. If a department has a lower limit and something needed is greater than the department limit, users must obtain Department approval and follow P-Card Small Purchase section guidelines. Departments may change individual P-Card limits up to the University Low Dollar limit of $5,000 as needed.
(2) The University systems and processes designated for small purchases are the EZ-BUY system and Controller’s P-Card (purchase card) process.
(3) Notwithstanding the forgoing, contracts, agreements, MOU's which bind the University of any nature will be vetted, reviewed, routed and signatures obtained through the office of Purchasing and Contract Services.