Section 50: Servicing and Calibration of Balances (Scales)
(1) Annually, a letter is sent in the month of January to all University balance owners (obtained from Inventory records) indicating a technician will be on campus to service laboratory balances.
(2) Users submit requisitions containing balance information and location.
(3) Requisitions are transferred to purchases orders by Purchasing and Contract Services.
(4) A technician will service the balance.
(5) The technician will return individual invoices to the Purchasing Agent after completion of servicing of balances for processing of payment.
(6) A copy of each purchase order issued for this service is kept with the Purchasing Agent in charge. Purchasing will use copies (or a data base) to double check the inventory records to ensure all of the balances have been serviced.